Summer 2016 marks 15 years of work for Oklahoma City’s Jones PR
Published: August 11th, 2016
OKLAHOMA CITY — In recognition of Jones PR’s 15th anniversary, celebrated this summer, the Oklahoma-based public affairs agency carried out 15 Days of Giving to 15 Oklahoma nonprofits with direct donations, services and supplies valued at more than $15,000.
For 15 days, from June 13 through July 1, Jones PR conducted 15 acts of charity to help further the mission of selected nonprofits.
The benefits to community groups included:
1. 15 Kindles to South Lake Elementary School in Moore
2. Tuition for 15 disadvantaged children to attend PlaySmart Summer Academy
3. Tickets for 15 children to attend an OKC Dodgers baseball game with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cleveland County
4. 15 care packages for Oklahoma troops deployed overseas through Blue Star Mothers
5. 15 new winter coats for The Foundation for Oklahoma City’s Public Schools’ Coat-A-Kid program
6. 15 leather journals for domestic violence victims at Oklahoma City YWCA
7. 20-piece flatware set for 15 families transitioning out of homelessness to stable housing from Positive Tomorrows, Oklahoma’s only school for homeless children
8. Clothes and shoes for 15 women entering the workforce through Tulsa’s Dress for Success
9. Funding for 15 therapeutic and learning tools for children with special needs at The Little Light House in Tulsa
10. 15 volunteer hours on a Habitat for Humanity project
11. 15 volunteer hours at the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma supporting the Kylee’s Kitchen program
12. 15 volunteer hours helping TEEM move to new offices
13. 15 volunteer hours at Oklahoma Regional Food Bank
14. 15 volunteer hours of media and crisis communications training for Neighborhood Service Organization (NSO).
15. 15 volunteer hours of video production services for Reading Partners in Tulsa
“Our clients have trusted, believed and given us the opportunity to grow from my kitchen table to creating 20 Oklahoma jobs,” said Jones PR President Brenda Jones Barwick, APR. “These 15 acts of kindness are shared thank you gifts from us and all of our clients to help fellow Oklahoman’s.”
In addition to these 15 Days of Giving, carried out from June 13 through July 1, Jones PR released a new updated logo, launched an innovative new website, unveiled the progressive URL “.PR” and introduced the popular digital media channel, the Oklahoma 100.
“I have always believed Oklahoma’s incredible talent can compete with the best in the nation, which has been proven time and again,” said Barwick. Jones PR is the first Oklahoma agency to ever receive a coveted national PRWEEK Award, and recently won a Bronze Anvil Award from Public Relations Society of America.
In 2015, Jones PR was selected by Verizon corporate and regional executives as its best and most creative agency across 11 southern states.
Formed in 2001, Jones PR has grown into a leading national integrated communications and public affairs agency with international partners through PROI Worldwide, ranked the 6th largest public relations holding group in the world.
Jones PR leads a digital trend in Oklahoma with its new internet domain – www.jones.pr. The agency provides a full range of services in traditional, digital and social media for national corporations and associations.