12th Annual National Rural Health Day is November 17 — Live virtual event highlights the power of rural stakeholder collaboration
Sterling Heights, Michigan — Each year, the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) and rural-focused organizations across the United States set aside the third Thursday of November (Nov. 17, 2022) to recognize National Rural Health Day (NRHD).
The 2022 observance is set for Thursday, November 17.
Now in its 12th year, NRHD is an opportunity to celebrate the #PowerOfRural and honor the individuals and organizations serving the health needs of nearly 61 million people living in rural America.
The information cited in this story was included in a press release from Newswire.com. The release was sent to CapitolBeatOK.com, which adapted its contents. Newswire is a press release distribution platform that regularly works with news organizations around the world.
On Nov. 17 at 2 p.m. EST, NOSORH will host a special web event — Collaboration Carpool: Conversations with Mission-Minded Rural Stakeholders. The live event will feature the following national, regional, and state leaders/influencers representing different rural stakeholder groups:
* United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): Kellie Kubena, USDA, and Armando Valdez, Colorado USDA
* Broadband: Shirley Bloomfield, NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association, and Gary Johnson, Paul Bunyan Communications
* Philanthropy: Anne Kubisch, The Ford Family Foundation, and Walter Panzirer, The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust
* Public Health: Dr. Brian Castrucci, de Beaumont Foundation, and Arletha Howard, Tougaloo College/Delta HealthPartners Healthy Start Initiative
* Rural Health Clinics and Community Health Centers: Dr. Julie Wood, American Academy of Family Physicians, and Mary Zelazny, Finger Lakes Community Health and Finger Lakes Telehealth Network
The original press release can be studied here:
In addition, NOSORH’s annual e-book of “Community Stars” will be published on NRHD on PowerofRural.org, with a total of 48 states represented by individuals or organizations nominated for their outstanding rural health-focused contributions.
Visit PowerofRural.org to reserve your seat for Collaboration Carpool: Conversations with Mission-Minded Stakeholders and to explore the 2022 Key Messages and Data Points, Idea Guides, downloadable NRHD tools, and more.